Degree seeking students
KU Leuven uses Dutch as its main language of instruction. Consequently, most of our bachelor's programmes are completely organized in Dutch. These basic-level programmes are intended for students who have completed their secondary education.
However, the Institute of Philosophy and the Faculty of Theology have full bachelor's programmes taught in English. Specific admission requirements for these programmes are listed in the programme overview.
KU Leuven organises two levels of master's programmes: the Initial Master's and the Advanced Master's programmes
- Programmes of 1 or 2 years (4 years for Medicine) after the bachelor diploma
- More international mobility for students
- International co-operation with regard to curricula
- Attractive & competitive for international students
- Mostly taught in Dutch, some in English
- Training at a specialised level
- Aimed at studens who already possess a initial master or a foreign master's diploma
- Programmes take 1 year, some may take 2
- Programmes can be taught in another foreign language (e.g. Spanish)
- Strongly linked to the top research areas of KU Leuven
Specific admission requirements for particular programmes are listed by faculty in the programme overview.