Some students from abroad are granted the status of “exchange student”. Most of them take part in one of the European Commission’s educational programmes, such as Lifelong Learning Programme/ Erasmus . Others are visiting Leuven in the framework of an exchange agreement at faculty level between their home university and KU Leuven. Exchange students remain enrolled at their home university while spending a few months to a full academic year at KU Leuven, free of charge.
- Application procedure and application form
- ECTS information
- Housing for exchange students + Accommodation for Erasmus students in non-government supported university residences
- Summary of essential practical information 2013 - 2014 (pdf)
- Summary of essential practical information 2012 - 2013 (pdf)
- Exchange programme coordinators and contact persons
- Living in Leuven - pdf
- Travelling to Leuven - pdf - 3 Mbytes
- Orientation Days
- Academic Calendar 2011-2012
- Administrative formalities prior to departure
- Administrative formalities upon arrival
International guests who stay at KU Leuven are grouped into different categories based on the differences in residence status. More information about statuses.