Exchange students remain enrolled at their home university while spending a few months to a full academic year at KU Leuven, free of charge.
They take part in one of the European Commission’s educational programmes, such as Lifelong Learning Programme/ Erasmus . Others are visiting Leuven in the framework of an exchange agreement at faculty level between their home university and KU Leuven.
General information1: Prior to departure
- Monthly/yearly budget in Leuven
- Reserving your temporary guestroom
- Sign up for Orientation Days
- Request for a Buddy
- Health insurance & other insurances
- Health care in Belgium
- Housing for exchange students
- Accommodation for Erasmus students in non-government supported university residences
- Living in Leuven
- Summary of essential practical information 2013 - 2014 (pdf)
- Summary of essential practical information 2012 - 2013 (pdf)
- Exchange programme coordinators and contact persons
- Academic Calendar 2013-2014
- Dutch courses
International guests who stay at KU Leuven are grouped into different categories based on the differences in residence status. More information about statuses.