Online application instructions
On the left-hand column of this page, select the appropriate application instructions related to the status you will have at KU Leuven: exchange student; bachelor or master student; pre-doctoral or doctoral student; international scholar; specialisation student. Click here for more information about these statuses.
Make sure to read the detailed admission requirements that are described on the relevant web pages, which list the various study programmes available at KU Leuven university campus and other campuses.
KU Leuven makes use of an online application system for admissions. The application form PDF is downloaded from the KU Leuven website and likewise submitted online. Other required documents are attached or uploaded to the application form also online. So kindly take note of the following:
- Make sure that the latest version of Adobe Reader is installed on your PC.
- For users with Arabic data please set Adobe language to English.
- Recommended browsers: Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 & 5.1 (Windows) and Safari 6 & 7 (MacOS X).
Other special programmes like the VLIR-ICP master's programmes and the Erasmus Mundus Action 1 or Action 2 programmes have different application instructions and requirements. Please find the appropriate instructions on the left-hand column.
The new online application form for the academic year 2015-2016
will only be available by 1 November 2014.
The deadlines for applications from Exchange Students are:
- 14 April for Exchange Students wishing to study at KU Leuven during the first semester
- 1 October for students wishing to study at KU Leuven during the second semester
The deadlines for all other applications are:
- 1 February for applications of non-EEA citizens for Bachelor's and Master's and Postgraduate programmes taught in Dutch
- 1 March for applications of non-EEA citizens for Bachelor's and Master's programmes and Postgraduate study programmes taught in English
- 1 June for applications of EEA citizens (the deadline is extended definitively until 15 September;however, for applications submitted from 18 August till 15 September, there is no guarantee that they can be processed completely before the start of the new academic year)
- 1 June for applications of non-EEA citizens living in Belgium with a residence permit (the deadline is extended definitively until 15 September; however, for applications submitted from 18 August till 15 September, there is no guarantee that they can be processed completely before the start of the new academic year)
- No deadline for applications of self-supporting students for predoctoral and doctoral programmes
- No deadline for applications of international scholars and specialisation students
Deadlines may vary
So please consult the corresponding websites for the KU Leuven programmes taught at the university campus and at other campuses and for special programmes such as Erasmus Mundus Action 1, IRO Scholarships, VLIR-ICP Scholarships, etc. for the most recent information concerning deadlines.