Doctoral & predoctoral programmes
Do you have a passion for your field of study and for research? If so, you should consider doing a PhD at KU Leuven. You will have an opportunity to conduct research in an internationally competitive environment under the supervison of our professors - experts with excellent international reputations. You will tackle fundamental or concrete topics in your field of study with the intention of making innovative contributions.
- Introduction sessions
- What to do with those tax forms?
- Regulation concerning the attainment of doctoral degrees at the KU Leuven (in Dutch / English)
- Univeristy regulations on doctoral scholarships (in Dutch / English)
- Study period abroad (non-scholarship holders + VLIR & EMA2 scholarship holders)
- Study period abroad (KU Leuven scholarship holders)
- Status of PhD scholars at KU Leuven
- Social status and facilities
- Minimal registration of PhD Researchers
International guests who stay at KU Leuven are grouped into different categories on the basis of the differences in residence status. More information about statuses.