* ALGASED: Remote Sensing for Characterization of Intertidal Sediments and Microphytobenthic Algae
* Programme: ALGASED is a project in the framework of the STEREO II programme. STEREO is a research programme for earth observation and funded by the Belgian Federal Government.
* Main Objective: the use of remote sensing to classify the bio-physical characteristics of sediments in intertidal zones.
* Study Areas: two intertidal flats in contrasting estuaries at the North Sea.
* The Team: ALGASED includes partnerships of different skills in remote sensing, coastal zone ecology, and physics
ALGASED is funded by the Belgian Science Policy Office in the frame of the STEREO II programme - SR/00/109