Doctoral studies @ KU Leuven
Do you have a passion for your field of study and for research? Then a PhD may be your thing.
Doing a PhD at KU Leuven gives you the chance to carry out research in an internationally competitive environment under the supervison of our professors, experts with strong international reputations. You will tackle fundamental or concrete topics in your field of study with the intention of making original contributions..
The doctoral schools stand for openness and versatility. KU Leuven forms young scholars with an open view upon the world and its societies, within which they can take up their responsibility. Such broad-thinking scholars are undoubtedly an added value for society. They may settle into different sectors, such as education, science, health care, welfare, industry, economics, culture, justice, security, and mobility, and so on.
If you are interested in doing PhD research at KU Leuven please consult our open PhD topics. We wish you in advance a fascinating period of research on your PhD!
Practical & juridical information for current (pre) doctoral students
- Doctoral process
- Joint doctoral diplomas
- Doctoral education programme
- Competence profile for doctoral students
- User license
- Archiving your PhD manuscript via KU Loket application 'PhD progress'
- Doctoral defence
- An overview of the doctoral defences
- Regulation with regard to author's rights to doctoral theses
- Career opportunities
- Commission on Scientific Integrity
- Administrative officers doctoral studies
Ombudspersons faculties and departments