- Research Foundation Flanders -
- Visiting postdoctoral fellowships (3-12 months) to support FWO research projects and scientific research networks.
- PhDs can reach an internationally recognized level as postdoctoral fellows (3 years; renewable). They can also obtain a travel grant for congresses and short or long stays abroad.
- Clinicians, working at the University Hospital, can be granted halftime research mandates as senior clinical investigators.
- Operating and equipment credits for personal research for young and/or established researchers.
Candidates should get in touch with a scientific supervisor (senior researcher) to see what research opportunities are available and to prepare their application (see also ‘KU Leuven research database’).
- KU Leuven Research Fund
- BOF-ZAP tenured positions at KU Leuven
- Odysseus Call
- Other grants and fellowships
Candidates for the grants/fellowships mentioned below should get in touch with a scientific supervisor (senior researcher) to see what is available in terms of research opportunities and to prepare their application.
- Institute for the Promotion of Innovation
by Science and Technology in Flanders (IWT) . IWT offers post-doctoral fellowships in science and technology.
Posts usually last one or two years and are entirely financed by IWT.
In this way, promising projects are encouraged and the transfer of research
results to industry is stimulated.
- Scientific qualifications of the candidate
- Qualitative content of the research work
- Industrial opportunities
The researcher is advised during the research work by a scientific and an industrial supervisor. For further information: please get in touch with your scientific supervisor. See also IWT.
- European Research Council grants (ERC/Ideas)
- FP7 People - Marie Curie Fellowships
- Funding opportunities development cooperation
von Humboldt Stiftung
- Research Fellowships for Foreign Scholars
- Research Awards for Foreign Scholars
- Feodor Lynen Fellowships for German Scholars
American Educational Foundation - Postdoctoral Fellowships for Biomedical
or Biotechnology Research in the USA
for Studies on Federalism - Postgraduate Research Fellowships
Research and specialisation on the topics of supernational and intranational federalism (historical, political, economic and juridical aspects), European integration and international organisations, in particular the United Nations common system.
Two one-year research fellowships (subject to renewal for an additional period not exceeding four years) are awarded.
- Commission for Educational Exchange - The Fulbright Program: Postdoctoral Research
Organization for Nuclear Research
- Fellowships in particle physics
- Fellowships outside particle physics (applied science and engineering)
Universitair Instituut te Firenze - Jean Monnet Fellowships
Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- FWO - National Science Council China (Taiwan) postdoc
Postdoctoral researchers who would like to apply should be recommended by a counterpart organization that has already signed a bilateral cooperation agreement with the NSC. For Belgium: FWO, FNRS, IMEC. The host institutions, such as Taiwan's public and private universities and colleges, national laboratories, and academic research institutes recognized by the NSC, may recruit postdoctoral researchers to join their research projects, apart from the existing bilateral cooperative research programs. The NSC will give priority to the research proposals submitted by applicants and host institutions based on the existing bilateral cooperative research programs.
Period: min. 3 months, max.1 year
Further information: candidatures are submitted by the FWO, Egmontstraat 5, 1000 Brussels (tel.: 02/512.91.10; fax: 02/512.58.90).
- Human Frontier Science
Program (HFSP) - Long-term Fellowships
- Outreach postdoctorale beurzen en wetenschappelijke navorsingsbeurzen
- Natural Sciences
and Engineering Research Council Canada - Visiting Fellows in Canadian
University - Research Fellowships
- Swedish Research Council
for Engineering Sciences - Visiting programme for women in engineering
Universiteit Delft - Research Fellowship Programme
- The Library of Congress - Kluge Fellowships